We can help staff your cleaning needs.
When your employees return to the office after COVID-19, their safety will be your top priority. In a recent Deloitte survey of employees, 64% said that “regular cleaning of equipment and shared spaces by a cleaning service” is important for them to feel comfortable going back to work. Having a regular cleaning schedule with specific checkpoints can keep your employees and your work environment safe.
Download the Printable Checklist
Step-by-Step Cleaning Checklist
PeopleReady has created this handy checklist to help you maintain a healthier, safer workplace.
Add sanitation stations around the office to encourage healthy habits.
- Place hand sanitizer by all entrances, exits and high traffic areas.
- Place disinfecting wipes by all entrances, exits and high traffic areas.
- Place trash cans by all entrances, exits and high traffic areas.
Practice proper cleaning and disinfection at employee workstations.
- Clean computer screens and dust keyboards and mouses.
- Dust desks, shelves and other hard surfaces.
- Disinfect phones, keyboards and staplers.
Ensure proper trash and recycling disposal.
- Make waste disposal containers easily available to collect waste.
- Empty trash and recycling bins regularly.
- Discard food wrappers and any food items that have expired.
Restock paper towel and toilet paper dispensers, hand soap and other hygiene items in bathrooms and kitchens.
- Clean and disinfect the toilets and sinks.
- Clean and disinfect mirrors with glass cleaner and a clean cloth.
- Clean kitchen appliances such as microwaves, toasters and refrigerators.
Dust and wash windows and light fixtures.
- Clean glass doors, windows and mirrors to make sure they are free of dirt and streaks.
- Clean lamps and light switches which are often stained with fingerprints.
- Dust blinds and shades which can easily be covered with dust.
Sweep, mop and vacuum your floors frequently.
- Vacuum carpets and rugs on a daily basis to pick up dirt and debris.
- Wet mop floors with a safe disinfectant cleaner.
- Make sure welcome mats are cleaned off and straightened.
Other Safety Recommendations
- Use office partitions or walls to separate employees and give them space.
Dividers such as plexiglass shields can further prevent the spread of infection.
- Reorganize to meet social distancing guidelines.
Designate workspaces that are the proper distance apart and redesign floor plans if necessary.
- Reduce the number of people in workspaces at any given time.
Limit capacity in your common areas including conference rooms, kitchens and cafeterias.
- Limit refreshments and food preparation in shared spaces.
The office water cooler isn’t what it used to be. Neither is the communal coffee pot. Consider prepackaged, single-serving items instead.
High-touch surfaces are those that people frequently touch with their hands and could become easily contaminated. Examples of high-touch surfaces that need disinfected on a regular basis:
– Door handles and elevator buttons
– Lamps and light switches
– Tables and desks
Areas in Your Office Which Require Cleaning
– Conference and meeting rooms
– Employee desks and cubicles
– Front desk and reception areas
– Kitchen and break rooms
– Mail and resource rooms
Additional Cleaning Resources
– Center for Disease Control & Prevention (CDC)
– EHS Today Magazine
– Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA)
– Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM)
Share the full details of your cleaning and disinfecting plan with them and ask for feedback from your employees on how to make them feel safer. This make it clears that you value their health and safety.
Whether you’re a small business or a major corporation, PeopleReady can help you maintain the safety and cleanliness of your office with our reliable, quality cleaning services. Use our app, JobStack, to get access to the best cleaning crew for your business today.
Get the JobStack App
Using JobStack, your business can connect with over 30,000 qualified and motivated workers, 24/7.
We deliver specialized national staffing solutions for businesses across North America. Speak to one of our experts about what we can do for you.